Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Celebrating my 70th Birthday and 35 Years as a Quaker Peace and Justice Activist

During my 70th birthday party I had the joy of sharing this slide show about my life, especially my life as a Quaker peace and justice activist. Over 70 people attended, and we had a blast. In addition to my slide presentation, there was an open mic with sharing of music and poetry, and a 60s dance with music by the Stones, Beatles, Chuck Berry, Motown, Elvis etc.  I am grateful to God and to my friends and family for this joyous occasion. A big surprise: my sister Liz and her husband flew all the way from NJ to surprise me. Liz showed up at the party while I was very busy hosting and said, "I forgot to bring a covered dish." Without noticing who she was, I replied, "No worries. We have plenty of food." She smiled at me and I realized it was my sister and I couldn't believe it. I gave her a big hug and told her how much I loved her. It was the best gift I have ever received on my birthday since Jill accepted my proposal of marriage eight years ago!

During this presentation, many of my friends were invited to speak, including Cody Lowry, Jeff Utter, Joseph Prabhu, John Ishvardas Abdulla, Ruth Sharone, Kit Bell, and others.











































































































No comments:

Post a Comment