Thursday, August 27, 2015
Two weeks to make climate history in California: a call from the Union of Concerned Scientists
I just called my state Assemblyman Chris Holden to tell him to support these bills. I hope you will call your representative and tell him to do likewise.
Two Weeks to Make Climate History in California
California has the opportunity to make climate history in the next two weeks before the legislature adjourns for the year.
The California State Assembly is considering two bills—SB 32 and SB 350—that would increase efficiency and electricity from renewable sources, while slashing our petroleum use and overall carbon emissions.
We've seen policies like these work in California while saving consumers money and creating green jobs.
The oil industry is using a misleading campaign to stir up fear and protect their bottom line. The only way these visionary bills will become law is if the assembly hears from people like you.
Call and urge your assembly member today to vote yes on SB 32 and SB 350.
Learn more about the
oil industry's misleading campaign
Make a call to Assemblyman (D-California District 41) Chris Holden's Office
Phone: (916) 319-2041
District Phone: (626) 351-1917
Log a call to Assemblyman (D-California District 41) Chris Holden's Office
Please be sure and log your call to tell us how your call went
so we can make sure your state assembly members gets the facts to make the right decision.
Talking Points to Guide Your Call:
• My name is __________ and I am a constituent from your district.
• I am calling to urge Assembly Member ________ to vote yes on SB 32 and SB 350.
• Communities across the state are confronting the reality of climate change through increased wildfires, drought, and air pollution, and these effects will continue to get worse as global temperatures rise.
• You have the opportunity to continue California's worldwide leadership in addressing global warming.
• The policies outlined in SB 32 and SB 350 are achievable simply by expanding the current programs running in our state.
• Do you know if the assembly member will be voting for or against the initiative?
• Thank you for your time.
If you reach voicemail, feel free to leave a message and let us know about it.
Science for a healthy planet and safer world
Union of Concerned Scientists
2 Brattle Square, Cambridge MA 02138-3780
© Union of Concerned Scientists
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)