Friday, September 27, 2013

Top Ten Posts and Quaker Parrots Complaining about Life

I am pleased that my blog continues to interest web surfers from around the world, including places such as Latvia, Germany, France, UK, Canada, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, etc. (See below)

This month  my site will probably exceed 4,000 pageviews, and over 80,000 since I first began this blog four years ago. Below is a list of the top ten posts, which you can access simply by clicking on the title.

To put this into context, it is humbling to realize that the "Talking Quaker Parrot" youtube has received nearly 300,000 views and "Boogie the Quaker parrot complains about life" nearly 200,000 --far exceeding those of my blog or that of most Quaker organizations. If you want to see how Quaker parrots express themselves, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLXIb5YkWgc and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW_0Me9kFrU (I don't want those who came to my site expecting a talking Quaker parrot to be disappointed.)

My most popular post by far is an article I originally wrote for Friends Journal, the national Quaker magazine. It is about some humble wild flowers I encountered at Pendle Hill, the Quaker center where I met my wife Kathleen twenty five years ago. Written as a letter to my wife, it was never intended for publication. When I had lunch with the editors of Friends Journal soon after writing it, I gave them a copy and a week later they emailed me asking to print it. I'm glad they did. In many ways, this essay "speaks my heart"--my love for poetry, nature, and the Creative Spirit.

The titles of most of the other posts speak for themselves, with a few exceptions. "The Parable of the Family that Went Broke" is a satire about our government's absurd fiscal priorities;  and "Seeing the Light through a Prism" is a reflection about Quaker testimonies, based on what I have learned from Howard Brinton and my own experiences in worship.

My blog continues to be a medley, a potpourri, a smorgasbord, mixing the political, the spiritual and the personal. I hope you find something among these entries that feeds your soul, lifts your spirits, and "speaks to your condition." And if you do, please feel free to comment. I am always eager to hear what you have to say, unless you happen to be a Quaker parrot!

7564
Jul 18, 2009, 1 comment
1033
884
839
Nov 25, 2010, 3 comments
802
662
530
513
423
May 17, 2011, 8 comments  397
 
United States

47628
United Kingdom

5809
Russia

2843
Germany

2187
Canada

1744
France

1297
Ukraine

1003
Netherlands

598
Australia

591
Latvia

492
 

No comments:

Post a Comment